Refrigerator Bran Muffins
Updated version of the refrigerator bran muffin with chia and flax seeds and almond and spelt flour.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 cups bran
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups organic milk or almond or rice milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins, nuts or cranberries Optional
Combine all dry ingredients in one large bowl.
Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl. Mix well.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Do not over mix. If the batter is too dry add more milk or water until the batter is slightly runny.
Fill prepared muffin cups with batter and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until done.
Store remaining batter in covered air-tight container in refrigerator.